WordPress Support Plan Service Agreement
The WordPress Support Plan Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is hereby entered into between you, your employees and agents (collectively “Client”) and applies to the purchase of the monthly-billed WordPress Support Plan (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Support Services”) ordered by Client.
Term & Termination of Support Services
This Agreement shall be effective as of the time frame Client signs up for a Support Plan. This Agreement may be terminated after 6 months from the date services began by the Client upon 30 day written notice to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio. This Agreement may be terminated by Karmen Kendrick Design Studio (i) immediately if Client fails to pay any fees hereunder; or (ii) if Client fails to cooperate with Karmen Kendrick Design Studio or hinders Karmen Kendrick Design Studio ability to perform the Support Services hereunder.
Karmen Kendrick Design Studio agrees to provide Client with Support Services as described in this Agreement. Support Services include:
- Updates to text, images, and other minor changes to Client’s website pages for up to 1 hour each monthly billing period.
- Any website support requests, above and beyond what is outlined in package, or WordPress questions requiring a response by Karmen Kendrick Design Studio will count towards the monthly allotted time.
- Upgrades to Client’s content management system, including plugins and themes.
- Removal of malware, spam and malicious code from Client’s website, except in the case of such issues already being present at the time of purchase of Support Plan.
- Cloud backup of website on a daily basis.
- Recovery of website files from backups.
- Uptime monitoring.
- Regular security scans.
- Cloudflare web application firewall.
- SSL certificate provided by CloudFlare.
- Website hosting provided by SiteGround.
- Domain registration and annual renewal.
- Installation of essential WordPress plugins.
- Professional email address provided by GSuite.
- Database performance optimization.
*These are tasks that are done throughout the month. Some items, such as updates, only occur when necessary and when we know the update is a stable version and it is okay to proceed.
Fees; Limitations on Refunds and Cancellation Fees
Client agrees to pay Karmen Kendrick Design Studio any and all fee(s) as billed in accordance with this Agreement. The fee(s) must be received prior to the start of any Support Services. The Client further agrees that, in the event of any termination of this agreement by client, no refunds shall be given under any circumstances whatsoever. The Client further agrees to pay upon cancellation any other amounts due to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio for work provided at client’s request above and beyond the monthly allotted time of monthly agreement. Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is hereby authorized to charge client’s credit card account or other payment mechanism for any amounts owed from time to time by client to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio.
For the purposes of providing these services, Client agrees:
- To properly convey to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio the information that needs to be changed or added.
- To answer any questions from Karmen Kendrick Design Studio, in regards to task work on website, promptly.
- To provide Karmen Kendrick Design Studio with access to its website for creating new pages, and making changes for the purpose of providing Support Services.
Client Acknowledgements – Client understands, acknowledges and agrees that:
- The amount of time allotted for updates to text, images, and other minor changes, is determined by the Support Plan that they purchased and will be billed in fifteen (15) minute increments.
- Client understands that all work for monthly maintenance tasks will be scheduled according to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio workflow. I have a process and maintain sites for many Clients, therefore all website updates work that counts towards your monthly time allotment are done on a first come first serve basis, except in the case of a total website down issue, which would be considered an “emergency.”
- Failure by Client to answer a question critical to the completion of a task within 5 business days may cause that task to be “bumped” and moved to the “end of the line” in my work queue. Depending on the time of month, this could cause that task to roll over into the next month’s bucket of update requests.
- Once the time allotted in their Support Plan has been reached for the month, any unfinished tasks on the Client’s task list will be rolled into the next month for processing.
- All monthly updates are scheduled at my convenience and in accordance with my schedule. I have a process and a workflow that I use to maintain all of my clients’ websites in a fair and orderly fashion. The only exception being in the case of Client’s website being totally offline or down for some reason, in which case their issue would be considered an ‘emergency’ and would take priority.
- Should the Client wish to have additional tasks completed in the same month, they will be billed on an hourly basis of $100 per hour less the discount rate provided for such work in the Support Plan that they purchased.
- Client understands that if they provide Karmen Kendrick Design Studio with a maintenance task and the task has been completed, then they wish to make changes to the task, any additional time to make these changes will count towards the monthly allotment of time.
- Website updates exclude, but are not limited to, image editing, graphic design, graphic editing, database design, database changes, programming, and search engine optimization.
- Website updates do not include website redesign, re-alignment or re-development equalling more than 50% change to web page, web graphics on the website (i.e. 4 graphics on website, and you want 3 changed, there is a charge for anything above 2, meaning 50%).
- CMS design, integration of plugins that require intensive configuration, or programming of things that require extensive time to set up, including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts, API integrations with third party services, and web forums are not considered “minor” changes and therefore are not included in the Maintenance Agreement. These require a separate design or development agreement.
- Support Plan does not include training on how to use your website, WordPress, or email.
- Support Plan does not include training on search engine optimization (SEO) or other online digital marketing.
- All communications will be done during regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST).
- If you decide to use hosting not provided by me then I have no control over your hosting company in regards to server downtime, incompatibilities with software, PHP compatibility issues, etc.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is not responsible for Client’s email issues or troubleshooting problems on their own computer. My role is to maintain and keep your website running at its optimal capabilities. I am not your IT person.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio has no control over the policies of search engines or directories with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Client’s web site(s) may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory entity.
- Additional fees could be charged if the information provided has to be typed and exceeds the amount of time to do that is allotted in the Support Plan.
- If changes are made by Karmen Kendrick Design Studio according to Client’s information, and the changes are not correct, additional time to remedy the changes fall under the time allotted each month.
- Unused time is not accumulative. Unused time does not transfer from month to month. Support Services time is strictly month to month.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is not responsible for rewriting sentences, restructuring paragraphs, or checking for typing errors, misspellings, etc.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is not responsible for changes made to Client’s web site(s) by other parties, including the Client themself.
- During the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that Karmen Kendrick Design Studio will be the sole provider of maintenance and support services for the website, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party, including the Client, other than Karmen Kendrick Design Studio makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged for at the hourly rate specified above.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is not responsible for third-party plugins that may become unusable as a result of Support Services performed.
- Karmen Kendrick Design Studio will not repair Client’s website(s) that became compromised, hacked, or otherwise defaced or infected prior to ordering Support Services.
- Recovery or repair of Client’s website is not guaranteed.
- Availability of backups is not guaranteed.
Scheduling of Maintenance Tasks – Because of the nature of my business, I am juggling multiple maintenance clients, on top of several large web design projects, at any given time. Because time is at a premium, I don’t take on more Clients than I can handle, however, scheduling is a priority for us. I schedule all work for the month in advance to maintain a workflow that is conducive for my business and for all of my Clients. When I take on a maintenance Client they are given a set amount of time in our schedule for maintenance tasks that can be done each month that are counted towards their monthly time allotment. Please understand that the scheduling of these tasks is totally at the discretion of Karmen Kendrick Design Studio. The only time I “bump” one Client’s tasks for another Client’s place in line is in the case of an emergency. Unless a website problem interrupts your business monetarily, for instance an eCommerce site that goes down or has problems with checkouts, or it is totally down or offline, is considered an emergency. I will provide the amount of time you have contracted for each month towards updates, however it is done in accordance with my schedule. This is the only way I can be fair to all of my Clients.
Additional Services – Additional services not listed herein will be provided for a fee of $100.00 per hour. Karmen Kendrick Design Studio is not responsible for search engine optimization (SEO), developing new content, or writing new copy for Client. Client will be charged an additional fee for writing content, based on the hourly rate of $100.00 per hour (discounted fees do not apply toward this type of work).
Indemnification – Client shall indemnify and hold harmless Karmen Kendrick Design Studio (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by Karmen Kendrick Design Studio as a result of any claim, judgment, or adjudication against Karmen Kendrick Design Studio related to or arising from (a) any photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, text, data or any other information, content, display, or material (whether written, graphic, sound, or otherwise) provided by Client to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio (the “Client Content”), or (b) a claim that Karmen Kendrick Design Studio use of the Client Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. To qualify for such defense and payment, Karmen Kendrick Design Studio must: (i) give Client prompt written notice of a claim; and (ii) allow Client to control, and fully cooperate with Client in, the defense and all related negotiations.
Disclaimer of All Other Warranties – Karmen Kendrick Design Studio does not warrant that the maintenance service will meet the Client’s expectations or requirements.The entire risk as to the quality and performance is with Client. Except as otherwise specified in this agreement, Karmen Kendrick Design Studio provides its services “as is” and without warranty of any kind. The parties agree that (A) the limited warranties set forth in this section are the sole and exclusive warranties provided by each party, and (B) each party disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, included but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, relation to this agreement, performance or inability to perform under this agreement, the content, and each party’s computing and distribution system. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Limited Liability – In no event shall Karmen Kendrick Design Studio be liable to Client for any indirect, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance, lost profits, whether or not foreseeable or alleged to be based on breach of warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability, arising under this agreement, loss of data, or any performance under this agreement, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy provided herein. There shall be no refunds. Karmen Kendrick Design Studio makes no warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, with regard to any third party products, third party content or any software, equipment, or hardware obtained from third parties.
Client Representations – Client makes the following representations and warranties for the benefit of Karmen Kendrick Design Studio:
- Client represents to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio are owned by Client, or that Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by Client.
- Client guarantees to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and unconditionally guarantees that Client’s website has not been compromised, hacked, or otherwise defaced or infected prior to ordering Support Services.
- Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to Karmen Kendrick Design Studio for inclusion on the website above are owned by Client, or that Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce.
- Client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from Client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
Confidentiality – The parties agree to hold each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information in strict confidence. “Proprietary or Confidential Information” shall include, but is not limited to, written or oral contracts, trade secrets, know-how, business methods, business policies, memoranda, reports, records, computer retained information, notes, or financial information. Proprietary or Confidential Information shall not include any information which: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public by any means other than a breach of the obligations of the receiving party; (ii) was previously known to the receiving party or rightly received by the receiving party from a third party; (iii) is independently developed by the receiving party; or (iv) is subject to disclosure under court order or other lawful process. The parties agree not to make each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information available in any form to any third party or to use each other’s Proprietary or Confidential Information for any purpose other than as specified in this Agreement. Each party’s proprietary or confidential information shall remain the sole and exclusive property of that party. The parties agree that in the event of use or disclosure by the other party other than as specifically provided for in this Agreement, the non-disclosing party may be entitled to equitable relief. Notwithstanding termination or expiration of this Agreement, Karmen Kendrick Design Studio and Client acknowledge and agree that their obligations of confidentiality with respect to Proprietary or Confidential Information shall continue in effect for a total period of three (3) years from the effective date.
Force Majeure – Neither party will be liable for, or will be considered to be in breach of or default under this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond such Party’s reasonable control and that such Party is unable to overcome through the exercise of commercially reasonable diligence. If any force majeure event occurs, the affected Party will give prompt written notice to the other Party and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of the event.
Relationship of Parties – Karmen Kendrick Design Studio, in rendering performance under this Agreement, shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Client does not undertake by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of Karmen Kendrick Design Studio, whether by regulation or contract. In no way is Karmen Kendrick Design Studio to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Client in any respect, any other provisions of this Agreement notwithstanding.
Notice and Payment – Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered personally to the other designated party, mailed by certified, registered or Express mail, return receipt requested or by Federal Express. Either party may change its address to which notice or payment is to be sent by written notice to the other under any provision of this paragraph.
Jurisdiction/Disputes – This Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. All disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved by litigation in the courts of the State of Florida including the federal courts therein and the Parties all consent to the jurisdiction of such courts, agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise available to it.
Agreement Binding on Successors – The provisions of the Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties hereto, their heirs, administrators, successors and assigns.
Assignability – Client may not assign this Agreement or the rights and obligations thereunder to any third party without the prior express written approval of Karmen Kendrick Design Studio. Karmen Kendrick Design Studio reserves the right to assign subcontractors as needed to this project to ensure on-time completion.
Waiver – No waiver by either party of any default shall be deemed as a waiver of prior or subsequent default of the same of other provisions of this Agreement.
Severability – If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement.
No Inference Against Author – No provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted against any Party because such Party or its legal representative drafted such provision.
Disputes – Client and Karmen Kendrick Design Studio agree to make a good-faith effort to resolve any disagreement arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement through negotiation. Should the parties fail to resolve any such disagreement within ten (10) days, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including, without limitation, the interpretation or breach thereof, shall be submitted by either party to arbitration in Clayton County, Georgia and in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be conducted by one arbitrator, who shall be (a) selected in the sole discretion of the American Arbitration Association administrator and (b) a licensed attorney with at least ten (10) years experience in the practice of law and at least five (5) years experience in the negotiation of technology contracts or litigation of technology disputes. The arbitrator shall have the power to enter any award that could be entered by a judge of the state courts of Georgia sitting without a jury, and only such power, except that the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages, treble damages, or any other damages which are not compensatory, even if permitted under the laws of the State of Georgia or any other applicable law. The arbitrator must issue his or her resolution of any dispute within thirty (30) days of the date the dispute is submitted for arbitration. The written decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding and enforceable in any court having jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter of the arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Section shall not preclude either party from seeking temporary, provisional, or injunctive relief from any court.
Read and Understood – By purchasing a Support Plan, Client acknowledges that they have read and understand this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.